Char-Grilled Asparagus Asiago with Warm Ciabatta Croutons
1 lb. large asparagus spears
1 block Asiago cheese for shaving
1 lb rectangular pieces of Ciabatta for croutons (1 x 1 1/2)
1/4 cp. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt & ground black pepper
1. Put water to boil (enough for asparagus0.
2. Heat charcoal grill. Put aside a bowl of ice.
3. Prepare asparagus by cutting white part off bottom and peeling about two inches of the spears (bottom only).
4. Add asparagus to boiling water for approximately 3 minutes.
5. Remove and cover with ice for another 3 minutes.
6. Toss olive oil, asparagus, sea salt 7 pepper, & Ciabatta together.
7. Grill asparagus and croutons until charred.
8. Drizzle remaining olive oil on asparagus and croutons.
9. Arrange. Shave Asiago over arrangement and serve.